Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Month of Coordination vs. Day of Coordination

Hi, my name is Hillary and I am a horrible blogger. I really do have an excuse though! Her name is Miss Kennedy Viola Louise Smith! Isn't she adorable? She is the best baby ever and sleeps through the night like a champ!


So recently I have been receiving several inquiries from brides regarding a "day of coordinator" and wanting to reduce my month of package. I thought I should take a few moments and address why I offer month of versus day of coordination.

 When I first started planning, I offered day of coordination/planning to my clients. I would meet with them one time other than their initial consultation, create their timeline, and then show up for the rehearsal. I experienced a couple of weddings where I felt like I did not know what was going on and that I should have in order to serve my clients better, after all the wedding industry is all about being in a service to clients. 
    From that point on, I knew that I needed to re-evaluate my business model and just exactly what I was doing and not doing for the brides who were trusting me with their wedding day. I began researching other markets besides Nashville to see what was being offered. I then learned of month of coordination and how it offered brides more than 2 meetings (initial and timeline creation) and offered more like 3 or 4! Yes!!! This was just what I needed. With the creation of month of, I started being able to create relationships with my clients and their vendors! Ever since creating my month of package versus day of, weddings have run super smooth. 



So that's it! Month of coordination provides the same thing as day of coordination, it just provides me with a better opportunity to create relationships with your vendors as well as get to know your wedding better which in turn allows me to ensure that your wedding day runs as perfect as you have envisioned it.

In the next couple weeks, I plan to blog some weddings that have not received blog attention yet as well as some details from ours (I know almost 2 years later oops).
Photobucket

No comments: